(no subject)

NSFW May. 9th, 2010 05:04 pm
he_wanders: (Default)
[personal profile] he_wanders
Review time.


Acer Aspire 7736z-4088

Specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core processor 2.2 GHz
17.3" LED HD screen
3 GB Memory
320 HDD
6-cell Li-ion battery
Dolby Home Theater Virtual Surroundsound
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Integrated Webcam [don't know the megapixel]
Integrated mic
Multi-in-1 card reader



Price: 498$

Pros:
Plenty of HDD space for music, or movies.
The screen is large, 1600x900 pixels, which makes for good movie watching.
Quiet fan.
Very light for it's size [my Toshiba is actually heavier, and it's smaller].

Cons:
Gesturing can be hit or miss.
You often have to re-size pages to fit the screen.
Horizontal scrolling can be fussy.
No volume wheel.

Edit: New Con - Libraries. It's unnecessary, since the previous system "My Computer" worked just fine.


Those are only some of the pros and cons that I can think of right now that would really matter to someone buying a computer. I suppose I could add that it's got a gloss finish on the outside which is prone to smudging, but I don't see how that would really matter much. All in all, I like it. It's not a bad computer for the price, but I'm sure with some added features or removed features it could be even better than it is. So, I'm going to give it a 4.25 out of a possible 5. It's a solid computer, but we'll wait until I've had a chance to have it a while and for when I get mine... this one's my mom's.

Profile

he_wanders: (Default)
he_wanders

October 2023

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 25262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags