he_wanders: (Default)
[personal profile] he_wanders
Moons:

Would multiple moons affect the planet in which they orbit? And, if so, how? I'm trying to think about how I could feasibly I could add another moon to Provia without throwing something off. The only thing I can think of is making the planet bigger, but I'm not entirely sure I want to do that.

Art:

Know of any good pads out there? The only one's I can think of are Wacom pads ($69+). I'd get a scanner, but they take up more room and it would be more expensive.

Date: 2009-12-21 07:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
Depending on moon/planet mass ratio, multiple moons might make the orbit wobbly. Our moon does that to our planet, but it's only noticable with tides. High tide towards to moon happens because the moon's gravity is pulling the water away from the earth. High tide on the side of the earth opposite the moon happens because the moon is pulling the earth away from the water

Date: 2009-12-21 07:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-l.livejournal.com
If you want a moon that doesn't affect the planet much, make it hollow

Date: 2009-12-21 10:04 pm (UTC)
ext_129626: fym nick (Default)
From: [identity profile] doni-dyke01.livejournal.com
That's a neat idea. I just may do that.

Profile

he_wanders: (Default)
he_wanders

October 2023

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 25262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags