Considering Job Corps. I think it would be very much worth it for the work experience and for educational purposes. I'm looking through now, but I've a question. Any experience as a transperson when it comes to them?
J, I think this would be good for you. To be honest I think you have a lot of great ideas. But I think doing Job Corps, or even Americorps, would help you get out there, and might actually help you progress in your transition.
My brother did jobcorps after only partially finishing 9th grade, when he was 17 and excelled really well. Jobcorps is really good for people who don't traditonally fit into whatever fuck mold is out there. But I would sincerely consider it.
Even so, just fill out an app and go from there. There is a great program up here in Maine. The great thing is, is that they're paying for you to go to school and its free housing and stuff. As far as gender stuff goes, I have heard of trans people and queer people going to job corps and having a pretty easy time of it.
So again I would sincerely think about it if I were you
I just looked through Loring's program, which seems a little strict (but, that's alright). I think I mainly considered Job Corps because I want some direction. I don't think I'd considered Americorps, but I think I might look into that as well, maybe as something to do after I finish Job Corps.
no subject
Date: 2009-07-19 05:02 pm (UTC)I think this would be good for you. To be honest I think you have a lot of great ideas. But I think doing Job Corps, or even Americorps, would help you get out there, and might actually help you progress in your transition.
My brother did jobcorps after only partially finishing 9th grade, when he was 17 and excelled really well. Jobcorps is really good for people who don't traditonally fit into whatever fuck mold is out there. But I would sincerely consider it.
Even so, just fill out an app and go from there. There is a great program up here in Maine. The great thing is, is that they're paying for you to go to school and its free housing and stuff. As far as gender stuff goes, I have heard of trans people and queer people going to job corps and having a pretty easy time of it.
So again I would sincerely think about it if I were you
no subject
Date: 2009-07-19 08:02 pm (UTC)